Dalat (13-15 January)


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
January 16th 2010
Published: June 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We took another bus trip from Mui Ne up into the central highlands to Dalat. The bus went via Phan Thiet and Di Linh, which was meant to be quicker than other buses which generally travel via the coastal road to Phan Rang and then inland up to Dalat. Whether it was quicker or not is debatable, but it meant we didn't have to travel the same road twice, as we planned to travel the road from Dalat to Phan Rang on our way to Nha Trang. The afternoon trip took about 4 to 5 hours with the road quite mountainous for much of the way.

We checked into our hotel (Trung Cang) which we had pre-booked from Mui Ne. We ate dinner at the nearby V Café which advertised a “taste of the blues”. Although there wasn't any live music the night we were there, there was a nice 'blues' ambience and music playing in the background.

On the 14th, we walked around the lake past the Dalat Flower Gardens (we didn't go in) and then to the Hang Nga Crazy House, which Annelies and Thomas found most entertaining with all the nooks and crannies in the weirdly decorated rooms and a maze of tunnels, walkways, stairs and ladders amongst odd architecture and trees. There was also a lady from one of the Minority Villages weaving on a loom, which we found fascinating and ended up buying a large 'throw' for our sofa back home. We had lunch at the Central Markets.

The next day we took a day tour to a coffee plantation and then visited the Happy Buddha where Annelies was most embarrassed as her mum mistakenly took her into the Men's toilet. We walked to the nearby Elephant Falls and then visited Nam Ban Village where Annelies bought a traditional handmade woven backpack. On the trip back to Dalat, we stopped at a silkworm factory as well as quick stops at a cricket and scorpion farm and at the old Dalat railway station.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Coffee PlantationCoffee Plantation
Coffee Plantation

Drying the beans
Silkworm FactorySilkworm Factory
Silkworm Factory

Silk Cocoons
ScorpionsScorpions
Scorpions

More Yum!


Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0862s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb