Dalat...a bumby ride


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
September 24th 2009
Published: October 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

If there were a contest for the most pot-holed roads in the world... Mui Ne to Dalat would certainly have an entry! After a 4 hour ride, some of which was very bumpy and threw me off my seat at one stage, we arrived at the higher altitude and cooler climate of Da Lat.

Regardless of the bumps, the views were brilliant, and I thoroughly enjoyed the journey. We spent the afternoon walking around the lake and relaxing in the fairly quiet, but quaint town.

There is a nice compact feel to Da Lat, and it doesn't take long to get around and figure it out. In the evening we found the "Easy Riders" cafe and organised a motorbike tour to begin the next morning. There are many people around town selling "Easy Riders" motorbike tours, because they have a good reputation and do excellent trips (next blog!) so you have to be careful that you get the genuine Easy Riders company - hence it's good to go to the Easy Riders cafe. (70 Phan Dinh Phung street, DaLat city).

http://www.dalat-easyrider.com.vn/Websites/English/

So, our stay in Da Lat was brief, but we did see some more of the outskirts on our Easy Riders tour, but the trip was so good, it deserves a blog of it's own.....!

J x



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.403s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 27; qc: 133; dbt: 0.1439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb