Da Lat's mountains are beautiful...


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
June 20th 2009
Published: June 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi!
So yesterday we did a hike up in the mountains and countryside. There was six of us doing the hike plus three guides! The total distance we walked was 18 Km lots of ups and downs and two very scary bridges going across the river, these bridges are used by the farmers often to take the bags of coffee beans across, we had trouble crossing using both hands to hold on!!! We walked through the coffee plantations and hiked up a mountain from which we had an amazing view! We had lunch at the top of the mountain our guides set up this amazing picnic bread ham, tomatoes, cucumber, pineapple,lichies, bananas, peanut butter, cheese! It was great we all sat down in the middle of nowhere at the top of the mountain.
We then hiked some more to a minority village but there wasn't really anyone there because everyone was out working on the plantations, getting fire wood or water. We then walked down the mountain all the way to a waterfall called the tiger waterfall there we sat down for a bit and soaked in the view! We then did the last stretch of walk back to the van which took us back to our hotel. The uphills really killed me and we were quite tired when we got back!
Tomorrow we are going to cycle down to our next stop Nga Trang the cycle down is 120 km ! But its supposed to be an easy ride as it is mostly downhill the views should be amazing though as we go down through the mountains!
Will write more soon! x


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



22nd June 2009

Awesome bridge!
That's like an Indiana Jones bridge -- was someone cutting the ropes with a machete on the other end?
24th June 2009

haha
haha no! but they might as well have been! It's also that some of the planks were falling off and there were some big gaps in between some of them!

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb