UZBEKISTAN UNVEILED 4


Advertisement
Uzbekistan's flag
Asia » Uzbekistan » Tashkent
November 23rd 2019
Published: November 23rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

11 Nov: Finally the Uzbekistan sojourn has come to an end. Yesterday was a day trip to Chimgan , a mountainous region 2hrs away from Tashkent . Enroute, lake Chorvak- beautifully set amongst the mountains ,the misty weather , chill in the air, a chairlift ride to the top, SNOW on the mountains - all made the day pleasent and exciting .

But the best was yet to come! The breakup party! 11 days of fun and frolic was made memorable by vodka filled dizzy veterans and Divas setting the dance floor on fire!

As I look back on these 11 days, I feel Uzbekistan is a country like no other! It's a yo yo feeling between past and present, the acceptance of cultures that have impacted its existence and absorbing the flavors of the Turks, Mongols, Russians, Jews and even Indians and yet not drowning in any.

Today it is a country of hospitable, warm proud people working hard to put their country on the tourism map of the world .

As an Indian, it is a pleasure to bask in the attention you get here. I have never had so much adulation shown to Indians anywhere else !

So I love those who love me!

Food is fresh colorful and healthy- meats, greens, salads, fruit in plenty!

Breads are the identity of this country- symbol of friendship, warmth, love and every positive emotion .

The defining moment is the sight of Registan at night, though each monument is an awe inspiring experience.

Travel from Tashkent to Khiva, Bukhara, Nurata and Samarkhand takes you into the romantic atmosphere of the silk route, the embroidery, handicrafts , pottery give the fairy tale a character and the curious friendly eyes of the golden tooth damsels make you forget this real materialistic world and you want to make Uzbekistan your home!

But alas! It's not to be! I am back to the nitty gritties of life! One day , when my heart aches for the beauty again I know this blog will have stored these memories for me and I shall flip the pages of the album to recreate this magic !


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



24th November 2019

Beautifully written accompanied by lovely pics! Great job done.

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb