Farm stuff ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 27th 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Mid morning we bike out to the farm for our first visit for a while. Dump a sack of rubbish in our own landfill site this being our main purpose in coming. We now have three growing bunches of bananas, the one being so heavy that it has pulled the tree over already. Whilst wandering around we fill a bag with enough stuff for a free tree curry at lunchtime. The first bunch of palm oil trees we planted are all producing their first fruits this year. Our neighbour, Deu, who also grows them has told us to leave the fruit on the trees this year to make them stronger next year at which time we should get our first crop that we can sell.
Jai has been talking about getting her brother Sai to do her rice next year so she can come to England with me again. I have tried to persuade her to make an arrangement with him where she doesnt have to pay anything or do any work next year and he will give her a certain amount of sacks of rice keeping the rest for his work. I had thought she was still thinking about this but I now see that some her fields have already been ploughed and apparently they have reached an agreement already whereby he will give her 30 sacks from next years harvest. I have told her that she needs to be firm about this. If she wants to go and help to cut the rice next year then Sai should pay her the going rate the same as everyone else as this would be in addition to their agreement. Also, if he is lazy, doesnt take of things well and only gets about 50 sacks from the land, Jai will still take 30 of them as agreed. Only time will tell what happens ...
Late afternoon we finally fill the garden by planting out an areawith lettuce plants we have grown from seed and that are now big enough to move. There is no way we will ever eat all that is growing now so I foresee Jai going out in the mornings to persuade the neighbours to buy veggies from her later. Dont think there will be any problems selling stuff though.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb