Another farang in Khamnadie ... briefly


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 21st 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Into Phon Thong this morning for the Saturday market and to check that we can leave the bike when we go to Khon Kaen next week.
Leaving Phon Thong I hear a rattling from the back of the bike and stopping find a 6inch nail embedded in our rear tyre. As luck would have it we are only about 2mins from a garage. The cynical p[art of me, and its quite a big part, suggests that they have been throwing old nails into the road to attract customers but maybe, just maybe, that is unfair. 10mins later I have a new innertube and we are back on the road.
As we come back into Khon Kaen I spot a farang leaving the village shop and toot the horn in greeting as we pass. When we get back to the house he pulls up behind us and we stand and have a chat. Aussie fella who has been here for a fortnight but leaves on Monday. Seemed like a decent enough chap.
Next stop is the village hospital. The Doc is having a bonfire in the grounds when we arrive although he does actually wash his hands and put on gloves before seeing to me. Looks a little better again today. Doc does a basic job but he is not as thorough, or as painful, as the girl yesterday.
I sit around the house all day again until a brief trip to the village market in the evening.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb