Beans for cash ... just about.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
October 31st 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Jai is up bright and early this morning and goes to Ang's farm next door to negotiate on the beans from last night. Ang walks around the village most mornings selling food and stuff and she will take Jai's beans for her ... for a small commission of course. Seemed like a mountain of beans and felt about 10kg and in total they should sell for about 3GBP. Jai will end up with about 2.50GBP.
Bike into Phon Thong for Saturday market and I splash out on a new pair of sandals as my old ones appear to have been victims of the bike crash. Dont really need much at all this morning but this is Jai's only trip out of the village each week so we go anyway. Whilst in town we make a call on Jai's sister's Begat's in-laws to check if it is OK to leave the bike with them for a couple of days when we go to Khon Kaen next week.
Wan comes to visit and wants to take some photos of Jai making mats to add to her 'marketing literature', very professional.
To farm late afternoon and I have just about finished strimming around the palm trees. Problem is, where started a month ago is already reachig the stage where it needs doing again ! Neighbours cassava has been moved ...



Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb