Phon Thong market ... last time


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 21st 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

There is still thunder and lightning in the air when we wake up this morning but still no rain.
We get ready to go to Phon Thong even though it is dark and cloudy. Neighbours taunt us that we are going to get wet but as it has looked like this all night and not rained we take a chance anyway. This will be the last chance I get to take Jai for a weekend shop for a while. We are just reaching Kamcare, Elton the crocodile's home, when a few spots starts to fall and as we leave the village it is raining quite hard. We stop and seek refuge beneath a tree and then move to stand beneath the roof of a house nearby as the rain gets heavier. Stay here for about 1/2hr as the worst of the rain passes then make a run for the internet about 5mins away to show Jai the photo of Daisy on Facebook.
Rain has all but stopped so we head into town with our first stop being the bank so that Jai can get some cash for next month. We do our shopping at the market then head back to Khamnadie in a light rain. Surprised to find that when we get back Khamnadie itself is still relatively dry.
George pops in for his second beer box full of books.
Go to the village market and I bike back with the sacks of fertilizer that Jai ordered last weekend.
No visit to the farm at all today ... feels like I am going into cold turkey !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb