Someone phone the fire brigade !!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 18th 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Into Phon Thong this morning mainly to get some bread as they didn't have any on Monday. Whilst here stock up a few more things for Jai.
Phoned mum mid afternoon and she commented on some of the fires we have been having recently at the farm. I told her that at least we hadn't one get out of control yet. Should have shut up really ...
The entrance to the village temple has always been a nice plain wooden archway but someone in their infinite wisdom has decided to paint it. I liked the original version but the NEW - that being the most important thing here - appearance in bright yellow and red seems to meet with most people's approval.
On the way out to the arm we stop to have a look at the village reservoir which still appears to have plenty of water which makes me wonder why they bother turning off the mains so often.
We both go out to the farm with the purpose of burning off the last of the grass I have cleared from around a few palm trees. Thought we would keep the fires small so that we could keep a eye on them but nature had other plans for us. The wind got hold of the first fire we lit and set it off in the direction of the rice fields. We were both beating around the edges with tree branches to try and keep it under control and although we were able to steer it in the one direction we had no chance of actually putting it out. Luckily once it had reached the greener areas on the edge of the paddies it died out on its own, about 50 yards away from where we had first lit it !! A chap appeared from nowhere and gave us a hand. I thought that he had just been passing on his bike and spotted the fire but it turns out that he is the son of Jai's eldest brother Cert. He hadn't been to Khamnadie for more than 15 years and picked a good time to come ! Looks like he might be here for a few days to catch up with everyone. He ate with us this evening and then went o sleep at sister Bepat's house up the road.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb