Slow progress ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 19th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

I manage to get my breakfast eaten but before I can sit down with my breakfast coffee we have to bike across the village to see the 'minister' - one above the mayor, I think. They are wanting everyone to come and sign p to declare the farmland that they have. Ji does this about 10 times every year so you would think a small village like this would be able to produce this information from their records, but no ...
Our workman arrives and plods on but progress seems to be getting slower not quicker. Perhaps he doesn't want to do the other jobs ? Perhaps he doesn't really want to do anything ! Most people would work to the method of measure twice and cut once but not this guy. He likes to hardly bother measuring and cut as much as required. With both gates hung this morning he realises that they are too big to close and he has to start cutting lumps off them. He finishes the day pretty well where he started.
Postman arrives with Christmas cards from mum, Di and Michelle. Thanks all (and an Xmas bark for Shiloh and Layla).
Before we shut up shop for the night we close the gates for the first time although they still don't sit right.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0756s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb