Man Flu !!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 8th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

There is still no water by breakfast.
When I got off the plane in London I had acquired a sore throat that developed into a cold over the following few days. I had just about seen the back of it until this morning when I awoke with another sore throat and it looks like we are starting over again.
Take Jai to see George and Wan so she can sort out something to do with her mats. Looks like George might be going to Bangkok next week to do some work for the company that used to employ him.
To farm again late afternoon to water trees. Most of them are fine but one in particular is looking very sad and we will have to keep an eye on it. If it doesnt pick up before we leave it is unlikely to make it through the hot season before the rains come.
Get back to house to water garden but the mains is still off.
Discover that our gas cylinder has finished as well so go to the village market and stop to order a new cylinder on our way back. Havent even begun to put the food away when it arrives so we are alright to eat tonight. When wed first got back this year a cylinder of gas was 320Bht. It went up to 350, then 370 and today was 390 with the promise it will be at least 400 the next time we need one. OK so only 8GBP but a very steep rise over a few months.
Cold shower again though.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb