Start wrapping things up ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 18th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Into Phon Thong in a howling wind after breakfast.
Go to the bus station and buy tickets on the 20:00 bus to Bangkok for tomorrow night. To e-mail and contact guest house in Bangkok to confirm telephone reservation and then buy some coach tickets Heathrow -> Gloucester -> Heathrow.
Do a bit of shopping with Jai for when she gets back from Bangkok. Jai wont ride the motorbike so wont be able to get into town easily in my absence.
Back to the house where I now have two sets of documents to check through; Jai's visa stuff and our travel stuff.
George pops in for the last of the books that he has not yet read to see him through my absence. Wont be changing any books in Chiangmai now but will be able to bring some back from England when I come.
Bike over to George & Wan's for Jai to collect 3 more completed mats that Wan has stitched for her.
Out to the farm to give the trees their penultimate drink. Again, with Jai not riding the bike she certainly wont be walking out to the farm every day to water the trees so they are going to be a bit thirsty.
As we are travelling to Bangkok at short notice I haven't had time to book a room on the internet so resort to phoning our usual guest house and asking them to reserve a room for us for a couple of nights which they don't seem to have a problem with. Perhaps they are glad of an y bookings at the moment ?
After we eat dinner we go and arrange for a lift into Phon Thong tomorrow night.
My last night in bed here for about 3 weeks. Have told Jai to go and 'borrow' her grand daughter to come and sleep with her in my absence.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb