Happy Birthday HM King


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 5th 2013
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Happy Birthday King.
Jai's brother Pad is starting work driving trucks again today and this means that he will sometimes be away overnight and his wife Lam doesnt want to stay out at the farm on her own so they are moving back to their house in the village. We go to see them after breakfast to see what is going to happen to the ducks but no problem as they are happy to have them at their house.
We go out to the farm where I clear enough of the bamboo root to enable me to dig a hole for the final palm oil tree. Whilst taking a break from the digging and cutting we enjoy an apple compliments of City Garden Hotel breakfast table.
Bike to Kamcare to buy the trees but nobody is home and the place is all locked up. Looks like we may have to wait a few days.
Getting back to the house Jai goes into baking mode and I soon find cakes everywhere and a couple of loaves of bread which will be very welcome indeed.
Late afternoon I prepare an area of garden for planting and Jai pricks out yet more cabbages and some more cauliflowers.
Being the KIng's birthday every TV channel is showing the same feed tonight and concentrating on ceremonies taking place around the country to mark the Kings birthday. He is not a well man but makes a brief appearance in a wheelchair where he sits without moving a muscle. The Queen doesnt show up at all but I guess remains in her hospital where she has been for over a year now.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb