First full day


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
September 7th 2013
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Sleep through till 7:00 when Fin knocking on the bedroom door rouses us. Of course it is the weekend so no school.
Hear that the young son of the couple at the post office opposite us was killed in a motorbike accident a little while ago – drunk needless to say.
Jai's brother Yut comes to visit bringing a huge bundle of beans with him. As usual I think he is the only member of the family who ever brings anything with him when he comes and as such he is always welcome.
The dog killers next door have two more puppies but wont have to put up with them for long I guess.
Everything looks exactly the same and it is hard to believe we have been away for almost six months.
I go for a walk to get away from the kids and the dogs and bump into a French guy, Jean-Marie, in the village shop and will catch up with him again later. Walk on to George's where I am greeted by their dogs but the house is locked and they have probably gone into Phon Thong for the Saturday market.
Get back to the house and start to restock my book cupboard – important work. I appear to have enough to last about three years.
I get the bike out of the rice house and it is filthy so give it a good wash then retire with a book. First time I have sat down for a read in six months and it feels good.
George comes later and he is probably more depressed than he was when we left. To make matters worse his mother had died on her birthday a little while ago and he couldn't go back home for that.
We have Fin staying with us for the day which is fine but it also means that the devils child from next door is here more than not.
Before Jai cooks this evening we walk to visit her nephew and baby Yaya to give them the clothes from Dixie ( my great niece ?). They are very pleased although most of the clothes will have to wait until she has grown quite a bit more. We end up staying to eat with them then coming back to the house on their motorbike which it appears we can keep for a while.
Return to a cold shower then bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb