Marriage is definitely off


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 25th 2013
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

It is my usual morning to go to Phon Thong for an internet session but apparently it is also a national holiday. I expect that everything is open as usual but so as not to make a wasted journey I postpone till tomorrow and resume my farm and bamboo routine.
Jia is still under the impression that her daughter Jiap is getting married before we leave. Jai has told them that is must take place before 10th March to give us a bit of free time before we leave but that would mean it had to happen next week. There is till no word coming through so I will be very surprised if they manage to sort themselves out.
I go out to the farm to start a few fires. The stumps and roots are full of water and difficult to burn with repetition seeming to be the only option.
Jia goes to see the village 'medicine man' to ask him what is an auspicious day for a wedding in early March and is told the 13th would be best. She then phones son-in-law to be, Gay, to tell him that is when things must happen. He begs a postponement till December and as Jiap is still not speaking to Jai we dont actually get her opinion on the matter so that is that until we get back here later in the year. Maybe ?!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb