Another tree bites the dust


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 21st 2013
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Sure enough Jai's mother is in a lot of pain this morning and can hardly make it out to the front of the house. Daughter Begat wont go to the temple for her so Jai eventually agrees to go to take food to her brother. Of course, Jai's mum's problems have nothing to do with playing cards all day.
For a change I bike out to the farm. I finish my target for the week this morning but a few of the long canes, 30m+, have fallen right across the site and are cluttering the place up. Tonight we will have to make an effort to tidy up a bit and burn some of the rubbish off.
When I get back to the house, Yai Peng in the house almost opposite is having her large tamarind tree cut down. Not too surprisingly as there is free food on offer, Jai's sister Begat and the Sloth from next door have managed to wake up and go and help themselves. Even Jai's mum's knee has made a miraculous recovery. I sit with a coffee watching them cut the tree down and waiting for a Planet Stupid moment when someone cuts off the branch he is sitting on or something. Unfortunately nothing happens.
John seems to have got hooked on books as well recently and turns up midday to borrow a few more.
Out to the farm late afternoon and we have a few big fires to clear things up a bit. The tallest bamboo I have cut measured roughly 42m and the fattest, not the same one, about 10ins.
Spoke to mum out at the farm whilst Jai filled a bag with food from trees and bushes etc.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb