Its Sunday and its beer o'clock !


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 3rd 2013
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

No water again this morning. Having dug a pit in the reservoir so that all of the shallow water pooled and could be pumped again the pump itself has died. Being a Sunday they cant get an engineer out from Phon Thong to fix it until Monday.
I take advantage of time off from the farn to do some work in the much neglected back garden.
Have discovered that the Germans, like the Brits, enjoy a Sunday lunchtime beer so John and myself have pencilled this in as a regular weekly event starting from today. I bike over to Pak Chong and am, as traidition demands, a little late getting back for lunch. A couple of hours at the house then back to Pak Chong again. We have also decided that as we are both having holidays from work on Sundays we will start to take a magical mystery tour on our bikes Sunday afternoons. We head up the hill to the reservoir that I like for a starting point. We follow a dirt track that appears to circle the water but find ourselves entering someones farm only to be chased away by a couple of dogs who were upset at having their Sunday afternoon naps disturbed. We stop for a look at a water tower that is under construction and find that the workers are all sat around drinking local whiskey and apparently they are having Sunday afternoon off as well - probably Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday ... as well !! Go for a walk through a rubber plantation then stop for a look at some mature palm oil trees some of which are still bearing last years fruit. Back to John's for a coffee. His partner, Erm, arrives just before I leave and throws a dead rat onto his lap announcing thst this is his tea - I dont think so ! I head back to Khamnadie just in time to eat and not a rat in sight.
Besides the road on the way into Khamnadie stand two full sized white elephants. A chap called Tui was commissioned by a hotel in Roi Et to make them for their entranceway. He completed the job but when the hotel manager saw them he didnt like them and refused to pay. They have been sat outside his house for about 5 months now and I suspect will be remain there a lot longer.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb