RAIN !!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 28th 2013
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Wake up at 03:00 to the sound of rain on the roof. Rush outside and connect up some roof guttering to one of our rain butts. It was nearly empty and Jai wanted to clean it before it refilled with this years rain but this is too good a chance to stock up on our water supplies to miss. The first rainwater is always too dirty to use as drinking water as it has to clean the roof and gutters first but we can always use it in the bathroom. It lasted for about an hour without ever getting very strong but was able to top up a little. We still have one full butt for drinking water so no problems there.
Into Phon Thong after breakfast for an internet session. Whilst in town I get a phone call from Jai saying that she has gone to a friend, Lawan's, house in Pak Chong so it looks like we are eating there at lunchtime.
I get back to Khamnadie just as the phone rings again and its Jai to tell me that she is still at George and Wan's waiting for Lawanto come and pick them up so that they can start preparing food. Apparently Lawan is off to Bangjoj working and wants to say goodbye to everyone. Time ticks by and she still doesnt show up and a phone call reveals that she is still in a salon in Phon Thong getting her hair and nails done whilst we sit waiting for some food. All is cancelled and we eat at George and Wan's instead.
At the first sign of some drizzle we return to the house where the rain starts up again lasting well into the evening. I am backwards and forwards filling every bucket etc that we have as well as the reservoir we keep in the bathroon. The water is a bit grubby but the sediment will soon settle to the bottom and the water will be usable and certainly better than not having any at all !! Somebody, somewhere, must be looking after us sending the rain at just the right time.
John stopped in this afternoon after spending a couple of wasted hours at a dentist in Phon Thong. He has snapped a front tooth just as I did a few years ago. He is looking for some fat bamboo to use in a chicken house and it is his lucky day as I know just where he can get a few thousand !!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb