Happy Christmas everyone


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 25th 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Happy Christmas. Another cold morning.
Out to the farm right after breakfast to plant our last 5 palm oil trees or what from hereafter will surely become known as our Christmas trees.
With John's drill making the job so much easier I fit up the shower this morning and try it out. We wanted Jai's mum to try it first in case there were any problems with the electrics but she prefers to just not wash at all during the cold season !!
George and Wan come to visit to find out what is happening about a Christmas beer this evening.
After school finishes mid afternoon Fin and the devil child pop in for a currant bun - or two.
I string up some fairy lights across the kitchen window and door and in the tree outside to make things look a little bit festive after dark. Then go over the top and hang six balloons as well !!
I dont seem to have stopped work all day so stretch out in thengarden with a coffe and a cake just before sister Pam surprises us with a Merry Christmas phone call. Not only did we actually have a phone signal in the kitchen to make the phone ring but we were able to have a disjointed chat whilst standing in the garden.
I enjoy a hot shower before changing for tonight but when Jai tries it out an hour later the water wont warm up. I will have to have a look tomorrow.
I sit down with a beer and wait for our first visitors to arrive just after 17:30.
Not really a party but we have about 12 people for drinks and a few snacks and the last person leaves about 22:00. We spend the next hour clearing and washing up before retiring for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



27th December 2012

( shower ) if the water pressure is low the electrics won't kick-in to heat the water !! so you have to shower when nobody else in the village is useing the water !! That's what I found in Prasat !!

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb