In transit ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 1st 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

The bus does not make a proper stop again and everyone nips to the toilet whilst they are filling up at a garage. We arrive in Khon Kaen at 07:00 and rush to catch the Phon Thong bus. For the first time in history the 7:00 bus must have left early as the 8:00 bus is parked up ready. We have no choice but to sit around for an hour before the bus leaves.
It is not the best of buses and the driver has alot of trouble getting the bus into gear. This causes him to frequently stop and the normally 2 hour and a bit journey ends up taking 3 hours. He kept turning the aircon off as well which made things even more enjoyable !
We tuk-tuk to the 7/11 in Phon Thong before heading out to the village. The house is a mess but not as bad as could be expected. We soon have the place cleared up.
Jai cooks some lunch whilst I unpack bags and stock books into a cupboard. It is not long before I am stretched out in the back garden in my usual position.
Our electric bill arrived in our absence but no-one couldbe bothered to pay it for us so we now have to visit the electric company offices somewhere near Phon Thong to settleup on Monday. No doubt that will be a fun packed couple of hours.
I give the garden a drink then out to the farm to cheer up the trees. They are all looking good and I wont need to be so regular with the watering from now on.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb