Palm trees


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
October 30th 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

This morning we set out to find somewhere we could buy some palm oil trees and end up with 12 + 1 as a present ! Doesnt sound many but we are just starting out and doing all the work ourselves and at the end of the day it is just a small hobby for me and not an investment for future riches. The trees that we have bought are 6-7 months old and should start to produce fruit after about 3 years - if they live that long. They deliver to the house following us back.
George & Wan are waiting for us at the house when we get there. A friend, Terry & Pim, have a large pig farm on the road between Phon Thong and Roi Et and have invited us all over shortly. We have pencilled in next Tuesday morning for a visit.
Late afternoon we bike out to the farm again to start burning off some of the grass etc that we have cleared to date. We dont get back until just after 18:00 and I dont even have the energy to water the garden. I sweat so much that even with drinking litres of water I get tired quite quickly.
Today is the end of Buddhist Lent and there are fireworks going off everywhere all night. Jai lights a row of candles across the front porch as lots of people do. I sit outside with a beer and watch the fireworks and admire some flowers across our front fence that only seem to show themselves after dark.
I am very, very, tired when get to bed tonoght !!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



2nd November 2012

Don't work to hard !!

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb