Motorbike maintenance


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
September 6th 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Finally going into Phon Thog this morning to make the bike legal - well, nearly legal. After tax and insurance we stop at the Honda dealers in town where we bought the bike for them to give it the once over. I had told Jai to find out three simple things; what do they think needs doing, how much will it cost, and, how long will it take them ? One of the lads gets the bike up on a ramp and we go and sit by a fan around the corner. I look through the window to see what is going on and already he is draining what little oil is left and starting to remove bodywork !! Communication will always be an issue I guess ... Anyway, he changed the oil, cleaned through the electrics around the battery, straightened the steering alignment, adjusted the rear footbrake and a few other bits and pieces and charged me just about 3.25GBP so cant complain ! Did a bit of shopping then looked over some bedroom furniture then back to the village. Bike does feel a little better now and at least it starts. Will wait and see tomorrow and hope that it still starts then.
It starts raining not long after we get back to Khamnadie and continues on and off all day. George comes to visit to exchange some more books and I dodge the showers to go to one of the village shops for some ant spray as they are invading the house to dodge the rain themselves.
Try five times to place a phone call home to mum, each time walking a few hundred yards up the road to get a phone signal. I get a couple of wettings before I finally get through. We have agreed, I think, that Thursday at 10:00 UK time will be our regular call time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb