More crossed wires ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 1st 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Up at 3am to watch England 2 v 3 Holland. By breakfast time it is very cloudy and we have more rain. I check out the shed to find that the roof is fine and that the water is actually being sucked up through the concrete flooring. The water used to drain through here before we built but we blocked off the flow and built up the floor level but ... It looks like it is now coming from Mr Grumpy's side of the wall where it gathers and doesnt drain away.
I go to the village shop to price a large pot of paint to do the walls with. Am surprised once again how expensive it will be. Still, with rain in the air it wont be getting done for a few days at least.
Jai goes to help at neighbours Det and Lot's house all day popping back for a 10min lunch break with me. Great names hey, she is 'debt' and the husband is 'lots' and after they have finished paying for this party it couldnt be more true.
At 7pm we are heading out of the house to go to there evening party and listen to some morlam music. Not my favourite but I felt as though I should make an effort as they are nice people. As we leave the front door our neighbour Ang tells us that we are much too early so we retrace our steps and its back onto the bed with the fan on. Very hot and sticky tonight. At 20:30 we try again with Ang and her husband Deu coming with us. We arrive to find that there is still almost no-one there. Deu heads off to help with carving up a pig whilst Jai and Ang go towards the kitchen where about 20 women sit preparing food. I cant face that so back to the house again and another failed night out.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb