Crossed wires ... again !


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 27th 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Into Phon Thong this morning for a long internet session but find that they are closed and head right back to the village. When I first bought the bike here I wasnt sure how much we would use it as we had got used to depending upon the school bus and tuk-tuks for our trips into town. On the way into town this moring, however, the bike clocked up 10,000km. Looks like it was a good investment.
I put another coat of stain on both of the benches and the shed door and then the tin is empty so the job has to be finished. Fit up a few bamboo poles inside the shed roof for Jai to hang her grass from to keep it dry.
We have been looking for someone to come and empty ou septic tanks for the last week or so and had decided that if we didnt see anyone today we would have to phone for someone to come out. Sat outside the front of the house this evening after Jai's grand daughter had come to visit and a lorry slowly passed and I managed to flag him down. I had thought that we could arrange for him to call back tomorrow but no, he wanted to crack o and do the job right away. Bit smelly but job done at last.
Having showered and just getting in to bed Jai tells me that we are invited to a party at a house a few doors down the road where the son is becomming a monk for a while. She knows that I dont like these things being dropped on me at short notice and to tell me as I am getting into bed isnt going to win me over. Consequently she goes to the party on her own.
It has been hot and sticky for a few days now but tonight there is a tremendous thunder and lightning storm and lots of rain. Having spent lots of money replacing the electric cables etc around the village and into town there was little surprise when, at the first sign of rain, the power still fails !! No fan in the bedroom tonight wasnt very comfy though.

Advertisement



28th February 2012

We have clocked up 22,000 Km from new in Feb 2011 to Jan 2012 so what have you been doing ( walking ) Ha !

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb