Valentines Day


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 14th 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

For some reason Valentines Day is really big around here. When I was in Phon Thong yesterday morning people were already erecting stalls to sell flowers to the schoolkids today. When I get to Phon Thong this morning the internet is closed but the town is really busy. The police are out directing traffic as the school buses stop for the kids to buy flowers. The police make matters worse but thats another story. I thought about going to buy Jai a rose but couldnt face the fight through all of the kids having had enough exposure to unruly crowds lately. bought one last year from the side of the road and the kids all thought it was hysterically funny for a farang to be buying a rose ? With no interent I biked almost straight back to Khamnadie to see what my builder was up to. We needed to buy about 12m of plastic drainpipe to take the water from the roof away and into the garden so that it didnt drain past the rice. In my absence Jai had bought two 6m pieces of pipe with big metal buckets on the end to attach to the roof gutters. I explained that we needed 12m but she thought that we could just fix the two pieces together. Why didnt you just buy 12m ?! By close of play this evening the blockwork is complete and the rendering more than half finished. I have to go the village shop to place an order to change the roof sheets that we bought as they are not long enough and to get some flat headed roofing nails ready for tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb