Building and funerals again


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 12th 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Up and breakfasted then bike Jai back to Pak Chong to help feed the food they prepared last night to the 15 monks who are arriving from the surrounding temples. I return to the house and wait for our building stuff to arrive. With everything accounted for and stacked down the side of the house I go back to Pak Chong to collect Jai. We head down the small lane besdies our village temple to our local timber merchants - well, a house where they cut trees and then plank them etc in the garden with chain saws and other rudimentary tools. There is a tree lying besides the road that seems suitable for our needs so we leave instructions as to what we want and leave them to it. Less than 2hrs later I am in receipt of a delivery of 8 x 3m 4x2s at the huge cost of GBP14 (700Bht). Dont know what sort of wood it is but it looks clean and is quite heavy and will no doubt do the job.
Midday and it is back to Pak Chong yet again as Jai had promised Lawan that we would go for lunch with a few others to help keep her company. There are not too many people at the house now and the tables, chairs and marquees have been cleared and are being returned to the village temple from where they had been borrowed. I go back to our house just after 13:00 leaving Jai with friends for the afternoon. They are all joking about ghosts and spirits but Lawan is truly afraid to sleep in her house tonight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb