Lottery - good news, bad news ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 2nd 2011
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

They have a national lottery here twice a month; on the 1st and about the 15th. Their is also a local variant on the lottery based upon the first three numbers drawn. You can buy tickets guessing at the first two or first three numbers. These tickets are cheap but the corresponding prizes are also a lot less than the national lottery itself. We always have a little dabble but dont often win anything. The first time I did it I decided to use 147 as my three numbers - the top break in snooker - dont really know why I chose that but use it every time. I will start with the bead news. I have never won anything so decided this month to just do the first two numbers '14'. Yes, you've guessed it, the first three numbers drawn were 147 !!!! The news gets worse for me as I had misunderstood the first two numbers as well which shouldnt have been '14' but '47' so I didnt even win a small prize. Now the good news which you may have guessed. Jai did '147' because I hadnt done it. For a 20p stake she won about GBP112 !! Where am I going wrong ????!!!! I guess thats why they call it a lottery ...
Mid afternoon our neighbour asks if we will go and help them with the rice threshing so a quick change of clothes and we walk over to their farm. Hard work. They end up with 133 x 30kg sacks which myself and another guy have to carry from the thresher and stack against a hut. My reckoning, this is nearly 4 tonnes of rice !! When the sacks need to be lifted up into the rice barn for storage I make myself scarce, sit down with a cold beer and watch the young lads working. Stay at the farm until after 20:00 - well past my usual bedtime - eating and drinking which is our payment for our labours.
Whilst working at our neighbours farm I noticed that a big bull they used to have was no longer around. I strolled out into the field and chatted to one of the few cows that they still have and was told the following story - honest !
Apparently, last year our neighbours advertised for bull in a number of cattle publications. A few miles awy a young bull was stood in a field on his own chewing grass and reading his monthly magazines when he spotted the advert. "WANTED. STUD BULL". This caught his attention and he read on. "A young bull is required by a caring family". This is me, he thought. He read on. "Bull must be handsome, virile and have a GSOH. Must be willing to travel and meet lots of ladies for sex". This is definitely me he thought excitedly. Within a few days he found himself in a KLhamnadie feild settling into his new home. At first things were great. Every morninga truck would come for him and he would be chaufferedto a nearby farm and let loose in a field of cows. Obviously the young ladies couldnt resist his charms and pretty soon he is doing the business. In the evening the truck returns and chaufers him home to a good, weel earned, meal and a sleep. Great job. Then one day he overheard the cows in his field gosspiping about him and laughing. Apparently, lots of the young ladies had been complaining that he wasnt always up to the job. Well, he thought, it isnt as easy as it sounds and some of the young ladies leave a lot to be desired on the looks front and sometimes he has a headache ... you understand. There are also rumours going around that he is only firing blanks when he is able to fire anything at all and that he certainly isnt fathering too many youngsters. How can this be. The truck arrived again that morning and he left thinking about what he had overheard. Then he noticed that they were travelling in a different direction this morning and he hoped that they were off to meet some good looking cows for a change. Whilst driving along he overheard the chauffer talking about dog food and steak & kidney pies but is not sure of the relevance. He gets out of the truck and looks around for the young ladies who he will be pleasuring today but all he sees is a man in a white coat coming towards him carrying something electrical in his hand .... True story, honest !!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb