Jai's birthday all over again


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 23rd 2011
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Shortly after breakfast this morning we get a visit from the postman carrying what turns out to be three birthday cards just arrived from England. Well done Mum, Pam and Carol. Gives us an excuse for a belated birthday photo.
Out in the garden this morning I spot an enormous eagle circling overhead. Have never seen one here before so maybe he was blown off course by the very strong winds we have been enduring for the last couple of days. Also spot the return of our 'woodpeckers'. Not sure if that is what they are but a family of these birds have been coming back abut this time every year. We first spotted them when we were hanging around the plot here during the building of the house.
Jai decides that it is time to freshen up the colour in her hair this morning. We walk to a neighbours house where there is a tree that they use. Maybe it is henna or a variety of this but I am not sure. She picks a bag of leaves and then zaps them through a mixer to make a thick green paste reminiscent of something that you might find in a baby's nappy !! Sister Begat has seen us return with the leaves and pops around so that she can do her hair at the same time. She layers it in to Jai's hair and then they leave it for hours before the result will be known. Certainly colours the grey roots !!
Visit George & Wan and we return with some different cabbage and a few cauliflower plants which Jai puts in the garden this evening.
The wind has been so strong that this afternoon it snapped off two of our flowering orchids.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb