Time for a new ID card


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 11th 2011
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Bring Jai into Phon Thong this morning to get a new ID card as her current one is just about to expire. We arrive at the office where she takes a number from a coloured pad and sits down. I ask her is she sure that this is the right place and that she has done the right thing but yes, yes, yes. After a few minutes she asks the person sat next to us who is waiting for the same thing. The office is open but there is only about 2 people actually turned up for work yet. Another 5 mins pass and Jai reads something on the wall which suggests that they have the wrong coloured queue number so she changes colour. I suggest that she asks one of the people who are working but as usual she hates talking to people in any form of authority. Eventually the woman sat next to us goes and talks to someone to discover that she is in the completely wrong office, wrong building ... and that Jai has the wrong coloured ticket again. She changes to what has now become a number 9 in the queue and at a guess of 20 mins per person at the quickest this is going to take hours as nothing has started to move yet.
I make my escape and come to the internet and will expect a phone call around midday !!!!
Shock. Jai phones after less than 1 hour with new ID card complete in her pocket and waiting to be picked up.
Spend the afternoon shuttling back and forward to the farm filling rice sacks with soil to fill the last hole in the garden caused by the rain. Will need a few more but am getting there. Have another big fire in the evening and rake out the charcoal for later use. It is big business here with most people still using it for their daily cooking.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0168s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb