Saying Bye is Never Easy


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
July 27th 2016
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 12.7953, 99.9662

Bananas for breakfast finally!!! WOW. My whole reason for coming to Thailand is because they have amazing little bananas. I never eat bananas at home but here - quite a few ended up in my bag to take back for lunch. (I was generous enough to let Mel take two with her). Poor Mel was upset as we finally got bananas - on her last morning here.

Melissa packed the last few bits and pieces, I made her a lunch box to take with her (well a saladas box - with saladas cheese and vegemite, small cakes, chips, bananas and some chocolates and cold water).

I transferred all of Melissa's Europe photos from her external hard drive to mine so we will have a copy if anything goes wrong!!! Can't wait to go through them and print some out for her.

We all caught the taxi to the Cha Am bus stop - we had to wait about 20 minutes - the bus was very un-Asian - it was due to arrive at 12.30 and it left Cha Am at 12.34!!! Bus was reasonably full. Mel said it was a good run and kept up with the other traffic. She arrived about 3.40 -fantastic run but it did mean she four hours to waste. She said security took ages to get through but finally made it and went in hunt of something to eat - a burger meal at Burger King was 439 baht - about AUD17.50!! Who can afford to pay that...a whole meal for the three of us with soft drink for Mel and I averaged 400 baht!!!

After the tearful farewells mum and I headed back to hotel for lunch. We did muck around a bit so took ages to get motivated for a swim. Finally made it to pool - chose our lounge chairs and it started to rain. And rain. And rain. It ended up being a very heavy shower with lots of thunder around. We sat under cover and watched it debating whether to go in. We finally went in after rain had eased off a bit - good idea at the time but not so good when it was time to get out as the wind was cold!!

We had the taxi pick us up at 6 to go to Wednesday night market. It was definitely bigger than last week. We bought some more knives as the one I bought last week cut the tomato so well and then went and bought two dresses for Melissa. She bought one last week that she found so comfortable she drew me a map of where to go to get another one or two for her. We had the marinated chicken on a skewer for dinner and I followed it up with two pancakes on sticks. Mum bought a sticky rice and mango to go as well as some puff rice biscuits.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb