Phi Ta Khon festival of Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
April 14th 2016
Published: April 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Have you ever heard of Halloween Eve of some countries in Asia before? For instance, in Japan, Thailand the people of these countries with their cultures and beliefs have their own way to pay homage to their spiritual supreme being. Today let’s find out with me what would we be offered being a part of the ghost festival in Thailand.

Read more: Enjoy Thailand in a Glass – Siam Sunray Cocktail

The ghost festival in Thailand is alternatively called Phi Ta Khon festival which is annually held within 3 days of around from March to July in Loei province of Northeast Thailand (Issan). Friday is usually the day for the main parade to take place while two next days there will be many additional events in local temples and public places.

Why having Phi Ta Khon festival

The animist and Buddhist beliefs are both included in Phi Ta Khon festival when the tales and inspiration of Buddha are deeply and beautifully told and represented in every public activities during the festival. The ghost festival in Thailand with the spirits and power of the dead is a way for Thailand people in particular and all Buddhist people as a whole to recreate the colorful day when the Buddha came back to his home city.



What do u expect in Phi Ta Khon festival?

The outstanding and attractive points of Phi Ta Khon festival lies in the spectacular splendor of everything outside the streets and even Thai homes inside with a myriad of decorating and details of animals and ghosts, of course, which are showed off everywhere and in the costumes of the Thai people. These colorful clothes and masks are all created by the hand of local people, therefore they are amazingly inventive and weird in one-and-only way. The public parade is supposed to take place in the first day of Phi Ta Khon festival. Then there are quite a lot of exhilarating activities for entertainment will be available for everyone to join and have time of truly fun.

One thing among the most extraordinarily features of Phi Ta Khon festival is certain to amaze and amuse every guests and participants can be the rocket lifting on the second day of the festival. This exotic ritual is said to call in the rain down to the city town due to the fact that June is exactly the planting season of Thai people, so waters are of the most important to Thai people at this year time.



Let’s find out more about Thailand of good insights and excitements with me, and CONTACT Exotic Voyages when you are convinced to go for a Thailand trip in the future.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb