Headed north...but first another shitty bus ride


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
August 12th 2006
Published: August 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Yes...but another shitty bus ride...and this one is the worst one yet. The other passengers are the rudest i have met yet...they lay their seats all the way back boxing u in..and when u go to put your seat back..the person behing u gets mad...really feeling like i could punch someone out...where's Tina when I need her....lol. Becca has a much better trip this time..last bus she spent it sitting by the toilet...on the bus...can u imagine...barffing and crapping. This time she got a good seat with a very cute hippie boy from Australia....At least the person next to me was a quiet girl...so quiet that i'm sure she must have taken a handful of sleeping pills cause she was knocked right out the whole trip. Works for me. So back to Bangkok...unfortunately we couldn't get a train ticket for that day ...sold out. So we got a cute room close to the train station..cleaned up...ate some good food and checked out the Silom district of BKK whick is very very nice...and pricey. But shopping was pretty good ...esp for Becca... Oh to be a skinny young woman...i'd need 3 suitcases !! Caught the train the next day...it was quite comfy. Got a sleeper...played cards then found the party car. Met a really cool dutch couple (yes..lots of dutchies here) and hung out with them. The beer lady was a hoot...an older woman who could talk just about anyone into buying more Heinekin. She ripped us off tho..overcharged us...oh well...serves us right for hanging out in such an establishment..
We got to Chiang Mai..and wow...what a difference from Bkk. No tuk tuk drivers swarming us..we ask a taxi to take us to SK Guesthouse..it was recommended to us....seemed quite nice with big tropical garden inside it...rooms not great...the lighting was pretty bad that we couldn't read at nite. Stayed for several days...lost track of time...and after awhile the old gotta move kicked in and thus began my search for a better place to live. Just around the corner..i find this nice guesthouse and ask the owner if i can take a look at a room...ya...this is VERY NICE indeed. How much...500baht approx 15$ split between the 2 of us..pretty cheap. And cause we are staying for the duration of this trip...450B...even cheaper. It's a great place
and we're very happy...the owner takes very good care of us...it's secure so we have no problem leaving our belongings here Seems that the customeres who come here stay for awhile. Well...that's where we're at right now..Chiang Mai is even better than i thought it would be. Will continue later.........

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb