Thailand’s Spas Rocket to Meteoric Fame and Heights


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 12th 2009
Published: February 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On an international scale, the rise in the popularity of spas over the past decade has been utterly phenomenal, and one country which has had an amazing surge in the amount of ‘spa tourists’ is the Southeast Asian country of Thailand.

So, how come Thailand’s spa scene has rocketed in the last few years? Well, there’s no way of answering that question in one simple sentence. The answer is a mix of essential factors which outline the variety and quality of spa treatment available in Thailand at very reasonable rates.

An ancient country of exuberant culture, Theravada Buddhism, spoiling services and serene ambience means a spa with a difference. The Kingdom’s spas entwine the characters of deep Thai culture as well as harnessing ancient expertise. Many of Thailand’ spas are set in the land’s most exquisite locales in stunning surroundings, offering an impressive range of hand-on rejuvenating treatments. Such a delicate winning combination means an indulgent experience which only a Thai spa can create.

Embodying the best of traditional Thai and foreign medicinal treatments available and the caring touch of local therapists, visitors to Thailand’s spas can restore their health, tune the body and feel totally revitalized. The choice of different exotic spa treatment in Thailand is incredible. Visitors are able to indulge in personalized individual treatment such as: Thai massage, ayurvedic, scrubs, wraps, facials, hydrotherapy, reflexology, acupuncture, yoga and nutrition. In fact, the list is never-ending.

Thailand’s spas are not just quantity, but also a lot of absolutely superior quality offered at extremely reasonable rates. Many of the land’s top spas can be found at lavish five-star hotels/spa resorts, and to give an example of how uppermost some of them are, you can take a look at the Oasis and Regent spas in Chiang Mai and Chiva Som in Hua Hin - all three have won international awards certifying them as being the best in the world.

This awesome standard, and so success, has been due to the tremendous support afforded by the Thai Spa Operators Association which is renowned for enforcing the strictest and highest standards. At a global level, Thailand has secured a top-5 world ranking. In fact, Thailand is the second highest ranked spa destination in the world with an overall grade of 93%+ (just slightly behind Australia); a truly formidable achievement within such a short period of time.

Besides only hotels and spa resorts, spa treatment can be found everywhere in the main tourist destinations, and at all locations - brilliant value for money can be had; all different prices to fit every different budget.

Understanding the current world economical status, the Thai Spa Operators Association has launched its Happy Spring 2009 campaign under which its members can receive irresistible 50% discounts. Operators participating in this campaign include the biggest name in Thai Spa, such as: Banyan Tree, Imperial Spa, Marriot and Pranali. More information can be perused at www.thaispaassociation.com. In addition, countless spa hotels and resorts are offering special spa (and accommodation, etc.) rates under the Thailand Super Deal campaign. The promotions can be accessed through www.thailandsuperdeal.com. The Tourism Authority of Thailand's offices overseas are also promoting these super spa deals through print media and on their website, www.tourismthailand.org.

An example locale of the mega bargains on offer is at Pattaya's Sivara Spa at the Amari Orchid Resort & Tower where the hotel has designed a luxurious one day special specifically targeted at newlyweds, wedding couples.

Thailand’s spas have not just escalated in popularity in regards to international and local patrons, they have also become an Eden for this wishing to learn this ancient craft which has been passed down from generations upon generations. An ideal destination for spa lovers who would like to take their newly acquired skill abroad and perhaps even make it into a new career. Thai spa products have also become synonymous with spa fads around the world, and the market for sales has recently grown ten-fold.
So, if it’s spa treatment you are after, Thai or international, the Land of Smiles is the ultimate destination for service cum cost-effectiveness. Then, on top of that, Thailand affords visitors spa treatment in some of the world’s most gorgeous holiday destinations. Spa treatment in Thailand is definitely not to be missed; an unrivalled indulgence, where 'once is simply never enough'.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb