Thailand: The Ideal Destination for Romanticists


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 12th 2009
Published: February 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Kingdom of Thailand, a kaleidoscope of different cultures, religions, cuisine and scenery is a magnet to tourists in search of something exotically special. The land is simply a concoction of a seemingly endless variety of wonders; the perfect idyllic place to keep the seeds of a relationship burning bright for time immemorial. Something for every taste and the warmest welcome imaginable.

One specific group of people which has been increasingly attracted to Thailand like a magnet is those who are getting married, having a honeymoon, rekindling former marriage vows or basically enjoying a new love-life. Thailand, as a romantic get-away, is the perfect place to spend time with your loved-one. Couples can feel like a king and queen as they are lavished by Thailand’s superior hotels that do their utmost to spoil guests in luxury.

For those getting married in the Land of Smiles, they can be rest-assured that their marriage will be the most memorable day of their life. If a Buddhist wedding doesn’t suit their religious inclination, a marriage can be organized to fulfill every desire, joined by a Catholic priest, a Muslim imam, a Jewish rabbi or a just a simple civil ceremony. Numerous hotels all over the country can arrange special personalized wedding packages, so that couples won’t have the burden of all that organizational stress which can often spoil enjoying a wedding day to the fullest. In fact, romantic packages can be prepared for honeymooners, newlyweds and those celebrating anniversaries.

Romanticists can indulge in a variety of romantic activities such as: scaling mountains, playing a round of golf, diving to the depths of the ocean, uncovering hidden caves and streaming waterfalls, captaining a luxury chartered yacht, relive ancient glories, feast on the freshest barbequed seafood, witness classical Thai dancing and masked Khon performances or even restore health, tune one’s body and be left in utter bliss by a visit to a serine Thai spa.

Even though, romanticists can be entwined in romance virtually everywhere in the country, the top four destinations which have become the most popular havens for couples are none other than Phuket, Krabi, Ko Samui and Ko Chang.

Connected to the mainland by a road-bridge, the island of Phuket, since its discovery in the mid-1970s, has turned into a legacy of its own earning the rightful nickname “The Pearl of the Andaman”. Phuket is a heavenly abode for romanticists, whether they are sporty, adventurous or simply laid-back. If they are a couple seeking privacy, long-tail or speedboats can be hired to take them to remote or even desert beaches with not a sole in sight; now, nothing can be quiet so romantic as walking hand-in-hand with the love of your life along a silky white sandy beach.

Just south of Phuket, is the enchanting province of Krabi where amorously adventurous couples can experience a vivid assortment of exhilarating marine activities. Krabi’s Ko Lanta and Ko Phi Phi are globally famous for divers wishing to dive amid a technicolor of untouched coral. Besides Lanta and Phi Phi, Ko Boda and Ko Rok are considered two of the world’s most idyllic islands, absolutely picture-on-a-postcard dream island destinations. For couples wanting to get married the adventurous way, they can tie the knot dangling 20 meters above the sea at the annual Cliff Wedding at Railay Beach. Then, in near-by province there is the ever-popular Valentine’s 3-day Underwater Wedding package special where couples receive their marriage certificate blowing kiss bubbles and swimming with hundreds of vibrant fish who come as guests.

On the opposite side of the south in the Gulf of Thailand is the splendid island of Ko Samui (or none to locals as just Ko Mui) which is second in popularity only to Phuket. Ko Samui is able to offer romanticists, besides just the beach and sea a feast of activities which include: elephant trekking, sailing, bird watching, windsurfing and even fishing. Then in the evening, they can wine and dine on the beach under a moonlit sky and feast on what has become synonymous with Samui, the finest seafood. For those just starting their lives together they can learn the culinary art of Thai cooking; gaining expertise on the mouth-watering delights of Thai gastronomy, friends and family will be amazed at their newly acquired skill. Cooking cuisine together has to be one of the best attributes in any loving relationship.

Finally but certainly not last, is the eastern island of Ko Chang which has seen a surge in tourism over the past few years. And no wonder, Ko Chang is another romanticists’ paradise, an island surrounded by delightful coconut groves, transparent shallow waters and innumerous smaller tranquil islands perfect for couples wanting to escape from it all.

With this amazing diversity of stunning locales, impeccable service, amorous activities, exuberant culture and the warmest hospitality, there is absolutely no reason to ponder anywhere else. All in all, Thailand is the ideal holiday destination for romanticists.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb