Back in NY


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
June 8th 2005
Published: January 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post


We spent our 1st evening of our extra time in Thailand on the beach at Rai Lei.
We walked the island, had Thai massages and swam in the pool. We enjoyed a dinner on Rai Lei East with wine and Thai dishes. Back to Geckos Bar we enjoyed a fire show and a Thai boxing demonstration.
In the morning it was back to our usual routine- a long tail boat to Karabi where I was stung by a jellyfish and onto a songtheaw before we hopped onto a ferry with a very narrow walkway to be deposited in an air-conditioned tin can under the boat.
Arriving at Phi Phi we secured a bungalow for 650 baht a night thanks to Mike superior negotiation skills. For 2 nights in Phi Phi we enjoyed the scenery and the beach snorkeling at various islands. Unfortunately the water at Bamboo Island was cloudy but the fishermen were friendly assisting M when she cut her foot on the coral. We partied at Hippie Bar for their Black Moon party complete with game shows, music and a spectacular fire show. The island of Phi Phi has suffered a lot of damage and I was fortunate to be able to volunteer in the effort for a few hours the morning we left.
Boarding a late afternoon ferry we said goodbye to more friends and made a few along the way. We shared a taxi to a recommended hotel from Lets Go with Remy and Amy, new friends we met on Phi Phi. J Mansion was complete with hot showers and cable TV at 500 Baht a night. After well needed showers we dined at Ao Nang Cuisine and drank
Singhas at a small pub.
In the morning we flew to Bangkok and taxied to the Bangkok City Inn. We waited for our room to be ready in the Big C but not without a few purchases first. After checking in we got back in Bangkok traffic for a stroll down Koshan (spelling?) Road and came home with my
big red bag full once again. After we had dinner in the same restaurant we ate the first night so where it all began ... it ended.
22 hours later we landed in 85F weather a cool breeze compared to what we are used to. Because of jetlag I woke at the crack of dawn this morning, and headed to work for an open air breakfast on the patio. (Why change a good thing?) and as I sat there I reflected on how the road traffic isn’t so noisy here and how my family of friends has grown and how the world seems to be a much smaller place.
Many thanks to all our new Thai, Australian, British and Dutch
friends you have all added to our experience of travel in Thailand, and I can’t think of one of you I won’t miss! We hope to meet all of you someday again, someplace... maybe New York?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb