Bangkok again...... one year and a half later!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 9th 2007
Published: February 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Current mood: extatic! Thailand pics From 2005 on (http://www.myspace.com/brummy13)


Well........ its great to be in Bangkok with a good buddy!! Even better, Two good Buddies! Well at 4am i was up dressed and on route for a complimentory 400bht to the airport! Down the stairs i go....... jump in the taxi and arrive at the new international airport of Bangkok!

After waiting only a short time Pierre and April walked through the gate and we instantly got a Taxi and i through them both into the Bankok living hahahah yeah yeah Aircon Taxi i mean!!!

So on arrival to Rambutri street we go on the hunt for some digs for them!! This was good for me actually as they got to see what life is like after doing the manditory twenty hour trips then having to lug your bags about for a place to put your head down!! (the now life of Niki Maguire it would seem) i wouldnt have it any other way!

So after finding them somewhere to stay just down the street we went for a mosie around showing them the Koh San road and looking in and out of all sorts of
Me and the GuysMe and the GuysMe and the Guys

Buckets of Doom that Pierre remembers so fondly
wonderful shops!! As expected the jet lag set in and with the difference in heat from whatyou guys are getting back home obviously they were shagged!!! so off for afternoon naps they went!!!

I strolled about for a few hours looking at things we could do for that night but then decided to get my self some afternoon kippage to beable to keep up with the guys on there return!! Its so much fun being able to siesta!! havnt done this sleeping thing since Vietnam where Squires will remember we did alot!!

Well at 6:30 like planned i flew out of bed and strolled down to meet the guys at there digs!! tonight i plan to introduce them to there 1st Bucket hahahah ooooooooh they will be sorry!! So off we go in search of some of the good Pat tai and a beer or twelve down the Koh san!!

Koh san road is like Blackpool tat combined with street stalls serving from drinks (buckets, beers, shots) to Food (pat tai, cockroach and bat ) but finding a nice bar we piled in for a few beers etc etc!! After a few Poor April was getting Lairy hahah (kidding) so we hit the street drinks stands in true Brummy team fashion!! Finding a stall i drank at before we sat down to get them the 1st Thai Bucket!! What fun 'yep lemonade please not coke' and over it came!! Quickly Pierre gets stuck in and we get some pics of the occasion for our memories hahahah!!

After laughing alot and getting to see april get more pissed by the sip we were moved from the road up to the kirb where we would continue and order another bucket!! Pierre shouting "make it stronger!!!!!' nutter!!!! The night went on with drinking on the kirb and meeting some locals who we plan to adopt on of them for our mate Andrew Birtles!! (the pics are below son hahahah you said in your text you wanted one)

Morning One for the Guys

Hahahahaha Soooo i woke with a stinking one! Hangover of doom but nothing in Comparison to Pierre hahahah. I got up and got myself a shower! the plan for today was a simple one or at least you would think so! We had planned to get into the Palace..... Major Tourist attraction that would seem to be inpenetrable to myself! The last time i was in Bangkok i couldnt get in as it was closed! Yesterday we tried to get in to find we wernt dressed correctly! Today we have it sussed!

So off i go to give P and April a knock at there Gaff to find they were still snoozing! So arranging to meet them later i strolled down to get some breaky where i ws joined within the Hour! Well when P answered the door he just looked tired but on arrival i could see there was something more to this Hangover hahahah oooooh were you poorly mate hahahah ( He was Boffing all night en sink with April hahaha although P Boffed a little bit of Blood he said)

Jesus and out burst a laugh that only i could get away with in P's Company!! We always find the lamest things tear jurkingly funny! Well after seeing the sweat poor from his Head and and laugh at him all the way through it we hit the street in the second attempt at seeing the Palace in all its glory!! On getting there We again found that we wernt allowed in because of flip flops (thongs to the ozzies) I swear to god they make the rules up day by day so in a pissy i said i dont wanna try again anyway! After this we went in search of some of the other things the Guys wanted to see including Wat Pho which was mad to see in such a busy state!! Compared to last time the place was riddled with Tourists and was so much hotter! Wat Pho is the Wat with the massive lying down Buddha with pots to put coins in which last time seemed really spiritual! I was a little gutted for the guys but i hope they enjoyed them selves!! (Task one on Pierres to do's when i Thailand)

From Wat Pho we found the Back exit which lead to this restaurant i was looking to show them that i ate in first time i was here!! its a quaint little place around the corner from a river crossing which also we found and crossed to find how it looked in the day time!! The restaurant hadnt changed at all but the view on the other side of the river seemed so much
Local MusicianLocal MusicianLocal Musician

here's the first gift Birtles
different! Hahahah the last time i crossed is was night time and i walked through eary little streets witnessing a monks funeral but this time it seems that the crossing is actually in the direction of one of the larger temples in Bangkok to which i have forgotton the name! Any hoo this was great as i was seeing something new and the guys were well pleased with some of the sights when crossing through the old Market and the views from the Boat!

After Having a butchers at the other side of the river we all Crossed back to the Koh San side to Flag a Tuk Tuk and get back to the digs for a bit of a siesta for the approaching night!!

The Night of Pat Pong

We Jumped a Tuk tuk out side of Rambutri where we were staying in the direction of Pat pong which is a notorious Ping pong Pussy strip! hahah well after being duped into what we reckon was not Pat pong we all walked away from this show after seeing some of the craziest things ill ever see! Women Dropping Ping pong Balls into Glasses was lame in
but the 2nd gift April loved to much to give you but the 2nd gift April loved to much to give you but the 2nd gift April loved to much to give you

Hahahaha you did know how to pull them babe hahahaha
comparison to the Lady who smoked three Cigarettes with her Douf all at once whilst another was firing darts at Balloons with insane precision! After witnessing the delights of what is achievable hahahah April was bored with her choice of night so we all left for some beers!! ( you know it was you who wanted to see that stuff hahhaha)

After the show we all went down the Koh San taking it alot easier than the night before! The plan tomorrow is to check out and get our asses down to Koh Tao for some island fun!! After a few beers and a Banana Pancake we all retired for our Beds!

In the morning and what a surprise it was Pierre and April came to fetch me!! They rocked up early ish so we could get some Breaky before 11am Checkout! After Breakfast the guys shot back to there room to grab there bags as the Plan was to take them to Koh Tao the way i did before in an attempt to get them all twitchy hahahaha (Thonburi Train station)

So grabbing a Tuk tuk we rocked up at Thonburi Station where we got our tickets down to Chumpon over night! So having the day to spare we dived in another Tuk Tuk for some shopping although Thailand for shopping isnt as cheap as it was before!! this was a shame so not alot to show for the day but after wondering around the Koh san our plans took a change for the better!

We stumbled upon a Dive Shop offering deals for dives in Koh Tao which would mean P and April would get there open Water and i would be able to do my advanced!! After some dinner and a chat we decided to go for it and book up the weeks diving with free accomidation! Buddha View here we come!

On the evening After booking our trips we all got our last Tuk Tuk of Bangkok in the direction of Thonburi Station so we could get more food before our journey! The station still looked exactly the same Apart from the Massive Market was open this time! We wondered in search of goodies but in not finding anything we decided to eat at a place i munched some killer Fried rice last time! Crazy.......... the women running it hadnt changed a bit and the state of the kitchen was no better but the food was top Banana!! A few beers Later and full of 'Pad thai' we bolled over to the platform to grab our bags from the check in office and grab our train!

On seeing the train pull in and already being eaten by a few mozzies i was wondering what id let my self in for! Hahahaha ahhhh well at least after this trip they will have a definative memory of how twitchy travelling can get!! The train was still dirty and the windows were still down!! What a trip we are going to have................... Till Koh Tao Guys, I love you all!

Love from your big Brother Niki..... Kids i want your emails get mom and Dad to sort them out!!

Love from a Brummy all the way out in Bangkok!

Pierre and April......... Glad you did this with me!


Additional photos below
Photos: 79, Displayed: 28


Advertisement

near the palacenear the palace
near the palace

piss ant place i tell you they make the rules up as they see fit!
Me and PMe and P
Me and P

Ch Ch Ch chang


31st October 2008

Photos of the Tourist Mafia, Thailand. http://www.flickr.com/photos/21533131@N06/ Beware of the professional scammers. The Police are in on it.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb