Prachuap Khiri Khan


Advertisement
Published: June 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

French Riviera!French Riviera!French Riviera!

Outside our hotel
South again after 4 days in Hua Hin, train of course, a 1.5 hr trip through paddy fields and coconut plantations to arrive at the tranquil fishing town of Prachuap Khiri Khan.We hired a moped for two days to get around as we stayed at a german owned hotel called Sundown Resort which was a bit out the way. Only 3 years old it was very clean and had terrific views from room. Highlights were going to Ao Manao,which is an air base with a great beach,we had to sign in and out of base and no photos of runway.Climbing Wat Thamniknram avoiding hungry monkeys but being rewarded with great views,and visiting a old and very quiet sealife center.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Tide out,time off.Tide out,time off.
Tide out,time off.

They usually fish at night using lamps to attract the squid etc.
Steps at start of climb to WatSteps at start of climb to Wat
Steps at start of climb to Wat

There are thosands of monkeys on this hill. When they are starving they come into town but not often. They are protected and not controlled so they are always looking for food of the visitors.They tryed to steal my water and camera.
Air Force school childrenAir Force school children
Air Force school children

While we were there a class was being taken on the beach, think it was PE.
Air Force PE classAir Force PE class
Air Force PE class

At the end of session all the children ran into the sea for a swim, how cool is that for a PE class!
Air Force Beach at Ao ManaoAir Force Beach at Ao Manao
Air Force Beach at Ao Manao

The servicemen clean the beach once aweek.
Sundown ResortSundown Resort
Sundown Resort

view from our room
Prachuap fishing boatsPrachuap fishing boats
Prachuap fishing boats

We ate fish all the time at Prachuap,very fresh and cheap.


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb