i'm sunburnt.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
May 10th 2007
Published: May 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

surprise, i'm sunburnt! that didn't take long. i've been really good with the spf45 application, except for today where i somehow missed my right forearm. ow! apparently i'm really tasty to thai mosquitos too. awesome.

so, this is my travel blog. i'm not gonna lie, i probably won't be that good at updating it. i have so many things to do every time i come on the computer that i may not get around to this. i'm also not going to spend large chunks of my vacation labouring over minute details on a blog, as i practically can't keep up with my own journal, which takes priority. BUT, having whined about all that, i do want a place that i can update instead of sending out 25328093478245 eMails all saying the same thing. so here we go!

may 10th-ish

we arrived in bangkok after 24+ hours of hellish travelling. the ferry was fine, so was the first flight. the free booze was also fine, although i had the window seat and had to keep getting kim and the other girl up to pee. each seat had its own screen so we could watch a selection of movies and play video games. obviously this tired after awhile, but it was way better than just having one big screen. we were flying on japan airlines, and they have FABULOUS service! holy crap! kim and i had an exciting moment where we actually pressed the 'call flight attendant' button, have never gotten to do that before! after aboutthe 5th time i think they were annoyed, but we needed more drinks and snacks.

landed in tokyo and piddled around there for 2 hours. ate some japanese snacks and drank the green tea drink that dad and i drank all the time when we were there a few years ago. nearing delerious exhaustion at this point.

got on the flight to bangkok and the pilot basically said 'strap yourself down 'cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride!'. i'm a nervous flyer so i was less-than-enthused to hear this. i was also nearing a hallucinogenic of exhaustion. kim passes out promptly on the empty seat beside here. i suffer alone.. god that was a crappy flight. managed to sleep a bit, woke up to find the guy in front of me knocked his dinnerover into my shoe. HOW DO YOU DO THAT?!!?!?

i'm not gonna lie, i was not looking forward to the stress of getting to somewhere to stay... argh. got a cab to khao san road, where it started to rain as we were looking for somewhere to stay. the place we wanted to stay was full, but we found a small place after. checked out a few dirty guesthouses before finding our little clean one. tiny room, but it did the job. had air-con too, thank god.

after getting settled we went out exploring. had a few beers and watched the madness, bangkok is crazy! we seemed to take the fancy of some guy with a plastic bag on his head. interesting. (kim and i have always said we attract weirdos.)

managed to sleep fine that night and woke up at a normal time.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb