Hua Hin


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Hua Hin
August 11th 2012
Published: August 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The first night in Hua Hin we stayed in Memory GH and it had the smallest, most uncomfortable bed so far! We arrived fairly late and went straight out for dinner on the pier. I had mussels for the first time and Crab and loved it!

Early the next morning (5am) we were up and organising how to get to Jordans fishing trip. Eventually we were picked up by a man called David Wilson (who's brother is apparently a hit in the angling world) and driven to GreenField Valley Fishing Resort.

5mins after arriving Jordan was hooking into his first catch of the day - a Amazon Redtailed Catfish.

Throughout the day Jordan caught:

Redtail Catfish X6

Baramundi X1

Walking Catfish X1

Pacu X6

Siamese Carp X6

See Photos! HOWEVER... he did not catch the fish of his dreams...The Arapaima 😞

The second days fishing Jordan had similar results and just as we'd given up hope and the sun had nearly completely boiled Jordans head it happened. He'd hooked into an Arapaima! This was a small one however and by the time we left he'd caught 2 more that were much more sizeable and he was very happy with himself!

Back in Hua Hin we stayed in a strange GH on the pier directly over the sea sp we went to sleep with the sound of the ocean underneath us. It stank of dogs as they had 3 sat in reception but the smell seemed to linger all day. We tried to leave for Ranong but were told it was best to get the night bus so we had to stay a whole extra day and it was too late to check out.

We spent the day in the mall and left the next night at midnight for what turned out to be a very longgggg journey!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Siamese CatfishSiamese Catfish
Siamese Catfish

Jordan and Jack
The last catch of day 1!The last catch of day 1!
The last catch of day 1!

30lbs Redtail Amazon Catfish
Jordan, Jack and David WilsonJordan, Jack and David Wilson
Jordan, Jack and David Wilson

A good start to the day...


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb