Monkey Island


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Hua Hin
June 25th 2008
Published: June 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

First MonkeysFirst MonkeysFirst Monkeys

Some of the first monkeys we saw...there were many more to follow.
On Monday we went to Monkey Island. Actually, it is Monkey Mountain, but we can't seem to remember it correctly. It was just north of the city of Hua Hin. It was such an adventure. Because it was only 30 minutes away and one destination, we decided to explore without a tour guide- or any idea of what we would see. We did have a van driver for transport. So, on Monkey Moutain we did see monkeys and the Koa Takipt Temple. Actually, the purpose of the mountain is to house the temple and all of the smaller temple buildings, the monkeys just seem to have a fun time hanging out there with the monks. One of the buildings was high on the mountain and we had to climb many, many steps. Other temple buildings we just walked by and looked in. All had a great view. We could see up the beach to our resort area. We also saw several monks among the monkeys. We learned that monks are in residence in every temple in Bangkok except one- the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. More pictures on that later.

In one picture you will see Erin among the monkeys. This was before we bought food to feed them and they really got crazy. We've been spending a lot of time sightseeing with Erin and Jason.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb