On our Bikes!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
February 22nd 2017
Published: February 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 21st February



Another glorious Day and we push ourselves to get active! So, we were off by 10.30am for a 6 mile cycle ride from Pak Nam Pran all the way past Khao Kalok headland, stopping for a couple of quick photos, then past Khao Kalok Temple & Wat, more photos, then a two mile dash to the end of the road, quite literally it ends at a creek with a few little fishing boats. Quick turnaround and a fast pace back towards home. As we cycled past a little beach shack we noticed several cars parked, which looked odd as there are miles of empty beach and empty beach-road, and just this! So, curiosity aroused we turned, dismounted and checked it out.



It turned out to be a wonderful little coffee house brewing an impressive array of coffees, and we grabbed the only spare table. Leo chose Latte, Paula Americano, with hot milk and complimentary dish of biscuity nibbles. A very enjoyable discovery. On the way home, Paula recalled vaguely reading about this place and when we got home, it was in fact on our 'hit list' of places to visit. Our coffee hit helped us to pick up the pace and we whizzed along the beachfront, getting home at 1.30pm. We had covered about 12 miles and felt pretty pleased with ourselves, in fact a beer was in order!



Showered, changed, we swapped bicycles for car and popped along to Mr Sing's residence, you may have heard his name mentioned in previous dispatches 😊 and although we took our books, we never touched them, preferring instead to chew the fat together, passing an enjoyable couple of hours.

Before heading home we popped in to the beachfront Bamboo Bar to book a special fish dish for tomorrow evening. Jane is a wonderful cook and she appreciated us giving prior notice of our food choices, which means she will go across the road in the morning and take first pick of their daily catch. Tilapia is the usual fish on offer, but we want fresh-caught Sea Bass, and Bass is what we will get, cooked in the traditional manner, steamed with lemon, chilli and garlic, sticky rice and stir-fried vegetables on the side. Luckily, we both enjoy Thai Food, when fresh and delicately cooked it is extremely healthy, fragrant and ridiculously inexpensive. Before we leave, we are unable to resist a portion of Jane's freshly cooked spring rolls, cooked to order.



Home, light dinner as mostly satisfied now. Bit of music then Bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0679s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb