Valentine's Day with Jullien's carp and Fishy Friends


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
February 14th 2017
Published: February 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Valentine's Day and we are off to Hua Hin Fishing Lodge again, what a romantic way to spend our day. An easy 45minute drive, then we're settled, rod in hand for Leo, book for Paula. Takes a while for Leo's first catchable Siamese Giant Carp and it is a whopper! Took about 15 minutes to land him our helper guessed at around 20kgs and the physical effort required leaves Leo taking a few minutes before re-casting. Thus we spend a most enjoyable morning, bathed in sunlight, shade provided by trees, birdsong all around us. Around noon we decide to try the owner's award-winning Full English Breakfast. OMG. We both declared it was almost the best ever. It was huge and we fed the Lodge's resident dog with a remaining sausage and bacon that we simply couldn't finish. Feeling satisfied, we return to the lakeside to while away the afternoon, don't think we could manage another morsel today, we'll see. After Leo's earlier success the pool goes quiet , then on the advice from the Guilli, Leo changes to free lining and the bites and fish return, we end the day with a further three Carp all over 15 kg and a decent Mekong Cat fish of around 8 kg. Leo says all were hard fighters! Finally, at 6pm we return to the car. Leo says his neck and shoulders ache from the effort. Paula bravely drives home, in diminishing daylight, which is a bit nerve-wracking with big over-laden Lorries everywhere. Good reason for staying home tonight and chilling. Will go out for our Valentines dinner on Thursday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb