Thailand so far!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand
February 27th 2012
Published: February 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 11 of our honeymoon and we probably haven’t been as diligent at this blogging as we should have. <span><span> We have had an amazing first 11 days of our trip and are now into the groove of backpacking.<span>Our first 5 nights were spent in Ko Samui at Impiana Resort for our ‘honeymoon’.



<span> Saturday 18th February – Ko Samui

After an early flight from Phuket and check in we spent the day down at the beach bar in the rain, it was a good excuse to do nothing and plan our next five days.



Sunday 19th February – Ko Samui

We hired a scooter and went cruising the island at our own pace. We stopped at many sights along the way, including a half hour jungle hike to Hin Lat waterfall, as well as visiting the many coastal towns and the big golden 12 meter budda.<span> We loved stopping on the side of the road for fresh mangos, dragon fruit, pears and bananas, and of course to top up with fuel from the locals. <span> That evening we both had awesome foot massages by lady boys and experienced our first bucket on Chaweng Beach…



Monday 20th February – Ko Samui

We booked in a Thai cooking class through the hotel which was lots of fun, the chef took us to the local market where we learnt about the local produce, we then went back to the hotel to cook a 4 course meal, it was pretty yum and we even got a certificate!..



<span> Tuesday 21st February – Ko Samui

We decided to have a full beach day relaxing, we both had a full body massage, quite an experience for me never having one before. <span> I got the man flu which took its toll but of course I soldiered on!



Wednesday 22nd February – Ko Samui

We took a day trip out to the Ang Thong National Marine Park.<span> We went kayaking around and under the limestone caves, then we climbed to the peak of one of the highest points in the National Park which had amazing views.<span> Jandals weren’t the best option for footwear as they blew out and the top of the climb was more like rock climbing that hiking.<span> Once we got down from the peak we had a well-earned swim on one of the beautiful beaches and went for a snorkel.



Thursday 23rd February – Ko Phangan

Our resort check out day had arrived and it was time to start backpacking, we checked in at BaanTai backpackers in Koh Phanang which was a 40 minute boat ride. We hired a scooter for the day and hooned around the island stopping at the beaches along the way to cool off for a swim. Our favourite place on the island was Haad Rin beach which is the main full moon party beach; the beach was a pretty nice swimming beach with lots people and things to see as well.



Friday 24th February – Ko Phangan

We decided to keep the scooter for another day and went snorkelling off the beach at Koh Ma (Northern Ko Phangan), the snorkelling here was good, lots of colourful fish and so many sea slugs.<span> After that we headed back to Haad Rin to spend the rest of the afternoon and evening on the beach with a couple of beers.



Saturday 25th February – Phuket/ Patong Beach

Early start again as we got a ferry then about 3 buses to Phuket.

We thought the travel was only going to take us half a day (well that is what we were told), however we were travelling for 12 hours so by the time we got to Patong Beach <span> we went in search for some beers and dinner.<span> We had a hilarious night out doing the ‘tourist’ things (checked out a ping pong show which was pretty funny but felt sorry for all those animals…..)



Sunday 26th February – Phuket/Patong Beach

No more Flu! We spent the day on Patong beach.<span> We hired a beach chair and were kept entertained by all the locals trying to sell us everything and anything. They do come in handy when you need a cold brew though.



Monday 27th February – Phi Phi Island

We took a day tour to Phi Phi Island. I wish we had stayed the night there as it was so chilled and relaxing, and the beaches were stunning.<span> We went snorkelling and got to hand feed the fish which was a little terrifying especially when the guides through food at you and next thing you know you are swamped by tropical fish.<span> We also visited Maya Beach which is the beach everyone visits when in Thailand as it is the beach that is used for the movie ‘The Beach’.<span> Tonight we are taking it easy until about 10pm where we will head out and see the crazy night life which starts to kick off from 10 onwards.



Talk soon, D & P

Advertisement



Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb