Introductions


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Takua Pa
December 18th 2007
Published: December 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I would like to introduce you to three new children to our home.

They arrived Saturday and Sunday. The children are siblings in care and true to the wisdom of social welfare systems all over the globe, seperated the children into three provinces. They were sent to Pattani, Surat Thani and Nikon Si Thammarat social welfare homes. These homes are similar to orphanages with over 100 children in residence.

In late August the mother approached Khun Rotjana and begged her to bring her children together. After much negotiations, discussions and plenty of fight from Khun Rotjana, the government allowed the children to come back together and make Baan Tharn Namchai their home permanently.

The youngest of the children is nearby with a nanny as she is only 11 months old. Her three siblings have come to BTN and she will join them when she is two. She will visit the orphanage on weekends to be near her siblings.

The three are: Ten year old Ben who is a lively girl, three year old Paw, was never issued a birth certificate. Her birthday was assigned to her as January 1st, but we are aware of her accurate year of birth. Two year old Bang Pon shares the same father as Paw. He is a reserved, tentative child.

The children are very happy to be together, but it will take some time for them to realize they are safe here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0917s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb