Birthday Bash...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Satun
December 7th 2015
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 6.62, 100.07


What a surprise and fun celebration!!

There's a bit of tradition at the shipyard when it's someones birthday, we made up a sign and add our notes of congratulations and normally have a BBQ to celebrate the occasion. For a number of weeks we had many BBQ's at the yard, so instead I decided I would like friends to come out to Satun for the night and was delighted by Cap'n Scott's offer to make food and celebrate at the house.

We piled people into a couple of trucks and headed out from the yard for the night, other friends made their own way out and it was an opportunity for a different night instead of sitting in the shipyard which was great fun.

It was wonderful that everyone could come out to Satun for my birthday and I was delighted by more than twenty arriving for a dinner of spag bol, drinks, and not only one birthday cake but two and lovely gifts received from thoughtful friends.

Scott did us proud by his delicious cooking and everyone tucked into to plates of spaghetti bolonaise and salad and it was quite a spread. Off the kitchen is a small courtyard and thankfully due
to the climate in Thailand it was perfect for sitting in the outside area enjoying music and the boys playing guitar.

So after birthday wishes and food I was delighted by delicious birthday cake and everyone singing happy birthday to me. I can't thank everyone enough for coming, it was a fun night followed by drinks down at On's bar before calling it a night. On leaving a number if people heading back to the yard jumped into the back of one of the trucks for the trip home which was hilarious, they're so much fun and humour in these guys it was a pleasure having their company.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, I had a lovely time with good friends.




Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb