Ranong and Koh Chang - very last island on the trip


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ranong
April 25th 2011
Published: December 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We got up at 8 and took the boat to the mainland and thereafter we went by bus to Ranong. Unfortunately we had to spend a night there because the last boat for Koh Chang had already left, a bit of a shame since we didnt have many days left.

In Ranong we searched for the night market, but after walking around for ages we guessed that it was closed. Instead we had thai food at a local restaurant where there was live music and later we watched 'grimlings' on TV there. The next morning we got up at 8 and had som breakfast at Pons Place. After that we got on a minibus and down to the harbour where we got on the longtail boat to Koh Chang. Unfortunately the boat broke down after 20 min and since it couldn't be fixed another boat took us back to the habour.

Then we had to wait 4 more hours and wait for the boat at two. When we arrived at Koh Chang resort we were given the cottage that I had stayed in some years before with my family, it only cost 300 bath per night. The bungalows there are placed on the rocks and ay night time the water reaches the rocks under the bungalows. Its really beautiful and super peaceful. We went to the beach and then we had some nice thai food for dinner.

In the evening we played UNO with the kids and two German girls. The next morning I woke up early and went for a morning swim. When Stefanie woke up we had some breakfast and then we went for a long hike on the island. It is a really beautiful and peaceful island, quite desserted too, exept for the dog we had with us, and all the other dogs barking at it we didn't meet anyone.

When we came back we went to the beach and then we read a little in the last sun rays of the day. We were very sad that it was our only full day at the island, but we had to go back to BKK the day after. We had dinner at the restaurant and played some games before going to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb