Yacht Haven Marina


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
February 2nd 2015
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 7.97501, 98.3515


Yacht Haven is a beautiful marina situated in the north of Phuket, it's well protected with surrounding mainland and limestone islands and is close to Phang Nga bay which is stunning.

The best thing about this marina is that they actually answer their radio... we get assistance coming in with someone showing us the berth and men at the dock to tie us off when we arrive, you never got that in Langkawi! Every dock has fire safety equipment, ladders to get back onto the dock and recycling bins, ahh it's the little things.

A few friends from Langkawi are here too, Jim, Roel, Tony & Sangtong, John & Judy and it good catching up. They have chandelier shops, a local shop and coffee shop, the Haven rest bar, a gym and swimming pool, facilities and showers, a 'buggy' style taxi service to take you to the pool or car park and secure entry for the docks... it's really well laid out.

It has berths for around 300 boats and in fact has a number of super yachts here some of which have a crew of around 30 people so it can be fairly lively. After we work away on Malmuirie during
the day we normally go to the coffee shop for nice food and catch up with the local yachties who are a great bunch. The Haven rest is great for food and even has a pool table which we use often and has a lovely view over the marina and friendly staff.

Not far from the marina is Papa Mamas and Coconut which also look out to the marina and both serve local and western food and have a good atmosphere. It's a nice marina, I don't mind being here at all but it's definitely better when you're out at sea, out at anchor. Soon I hope.




Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Cap'n on MondandoCap'n on Mondando
Cap'n on Mondando

Up for sale at 25 million euro
Sunk yachtSunk yacht
Sunk yacht

Apparently has been on this bank for 2 years!
ChalongChalong
Chalong

Nr Phuket City


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb