Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
July 4th 2013
Published: July 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After making the decision to leave Phi Phi, Sarah and I decided to head up north to Chiang Mai. However, we needed to get a flight from Phuket so thought we would stay 2 nights and check it out.

When we arrived there, we hadn't got a guesthouse/hostel booked so we went to McDonald's to try the wifi (had a sneaky cheeseburger meal) to find the wifi wasn't working.

The lady who dropped us off in the centre advised us to walk down the road and we would find accommodation. As we were walking, we were approached by a Thai guy who said he knew a hotel we could stay at. It all seemed a bit iffy at first, him and his car with blacked out windows, but he had a taxi badge and tour cards in the back of the car which he showed us. We decided to go with it and we got safely to the hotel. It was nice and clean at least. Tony - the guy who advised us said that he take us to many sight seeing places the next day so in our one day there we get to see much of Phuket. The offer was taken, and as he was waiting for us in the lobby downstairs when we had woken up for breakfast, we went along with it.

Ended up having a great day.

He took us to the cashew nut factory where we tried cashew nut juice and lots of different flavoured cashews, we saw the Big Buddha up in the hills where we had a great view of Phuket and also got blessed by a Monk, visited Wat Chalong temple, a honey bee farm and then he drove us up to the guesthouse we were staying in that was closer to the airport so we could get to Chiang Mai the next day. All that for a tenner each, wasn't bad.

We stayed near Nai Yang beach but in a rural area, so a short walk down to the beach where we had dinner and a couple of drinks then back for an early night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb