Last Day in Phuket and Flight Home to Melbourne


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
August 20th 2011
Published: June 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Saturday was our last day, we spent it in last minute shopping in Kata, lunch at Kata Mama looking at the beach and just generally relaxing.

We booked ourselves into the Coral Lounge at Phuket Airport. This was worth every penny. Staff from the lounge met us at the kerbside when Daj (our driver) dropped us off, and three staff members escorted us through the whole check in and immigration process. They even filled out the departure cards for us! The lounge was very comfortable with snacks and cold drinks available and excellent complimentary internet access. Very good shoulder and neck massages were also available at no cost. The only downside was that they don’t have their toilets so you have to go out to the airport ones which were filthy.

When I went out to use the public toilets I noticed how busy the main airport departure lounge was, it was bliss to return to the peace and quiet of the Coral Lounge. It only cost around $20.00 AUD for three hours and I wouldn't hesitate to do it every time we go to Phuket.

Overall we loved our short trip. The weather was perfect. We probably only had 30 minutes of rain in total over the 6 days we were there and a lot less humidity than on previous trips.

As usual, we were sad to be going home, but I am sure we will be back again!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb