Day 104 - 105, Back to Phuket 7/8th Nov


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
November 7th 2011
Published: September 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We are nearing the end of our island hopping 😞 Today we are heading back to Phuket and surprise surprise the mode of transport is a mini bus!!!



We are collected from the hotel and dropped at a rest stop to wait for the real bus that is going to bring us to Phuket. When we get off the bus though H noticed her bag was vibrating, and the bus driver noticed too cus he was giving her some strange looks. Anyway she is like WTF? Turns out it was her toothbrush, which typically is at the very bottom of her bag, she eventually gets it out, turns the battery upside down, problem solved. We didn't have to wait long for the next bus to come and once we were in it I fell asleep, or at least I closed my eyes and tried to. We were sitting right up the frint tight beside the driver and I couldn't watch the road. The driver had a really strange cough, so the whole way G just kept handing him strepsils, he just said thanks didn't try to talk to us so we were happy.



We arrived at our hotel, the same one as last time. We checked in but they gave us a different room and it was horrible (even though, it was the same?) It was on a lower floor so much darker and not at the end of the corridor so not as big. Thankfully they let us swap rooms with out any fuss. By now we are absolutely starving so we wander down to the shopping centre for dinner. We ended up in the Russian restaurant but ordered Asian food, and it was AMAZING!!!! It was called Nasi Goren or something like that. It came out as a tower of shrimp fried rice, G got beef, it had prawns and sweet chilli sauce yum yum and yum!



We went to the cinema too, it was in English with Thai subtitles, turns out subtitles don't always translate. We were falling about the place laughing, the locals just didn't get it.



We went home laughing



Rx



Day 105 8th Nov Phuket Last Day in Thailand



Today is our last day in Thailand before we fly to Kuala Lumpar which means we are coming to the end of our time in Asia. ?It is bitter sweet as we are looking forward to Oz but we also know that it is unlikely that we will have a chance to spend 4 months travelling around Asia again any time soon.

So we are up early to have an awesome breakfast and a Pinelime smoothie, then we head to the beach!



We get to the beach and picked our spot we weren't panning on staying to long so didn't bother with sun loungers we just plonked our towels down.



After a bit G went for a swim and when she came vack she asked me did I notice anything about the people around us? So I liked up and noticed that it was mainly guys, she said look again and I noticed it was all men, gay men! After a fit of giggles that it took us almost an hour to even notice there was not one other woman in our eye line, we were very comfortable and not the least bit self conscious as we were pretty confident that not one of them was going to give us a second look.



After the beach we went for a little nap, then up for showers and dinner and then we treated ourselves to a manipedi and then they did a really good job 😊



Then off to bed because tommorrow we have to pack for a flight which is way harder then packing for a boat or a bus!



Bye Bye Thailand.



Rx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb